Model: Yamaha YZF-R6
Engine and Transmission
Displacement: 599.4 cc (36.58 cu in), titanium valves
Engine type: In-line four, four-stroke
Power: 125.3 HP (93.4 kW)) @ 14,500 RPM
Torque: 59.4 N·m (43.8 lb·ft) @ 11,500 rpm
Fuel control: Fuel injection w/ YCC-T
Bore x stroke: 67.0 mm × 42.5 mm (2.64 in × 1.67 in)
Valves per cylinder: 4
Cooling system: Liquid
Chassis, Suspension, Brakes and Wheels
2006-2016 Yamaha R6
Front Suspension: 43 mm telescopic fork w/adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping; 120 mm (4.7 in) travel
Rear Suspension: Single shock w/piggyback reservoir and adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping; 4.7″ travel
Front tire: 120/70-ZR17
Rear tire: 180/55-ZR17
Front brakes: Dual disc
Front brakes diameter: Dual 298mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
Rear brakes: 220mm disc w/ single-piston caliper
Rear brakes diameter: 220 mm (8.7 inches)
Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight: 354.9 lb (’06) 366 lb (’09)
Power/weight ratio: 0.7469 HP/kg
Seat height: 33.5 in
Overall height: 43.3 in
Overall length: 79.7 in
Overall width: 27.6 inches
Wheelbase: 54.3 inches
Fuel capacity: 4.6 gallons
0 to 60 mph: 3.0 sec.
0 to 1⁄4 mi: 10.67 sec. @ 210.49 km/h (130.79 mph)
Top speed: 160 mph
Fuel economy: 33.4 mpg
- All-new, light, powerful and bristling with knowledge gained from years of racing, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production motorcycle Yamaha—or anybody else—has ever built.
- The YZF-R6 is the first production motorcycle with a fly-by-wire throttle system—for flawless response under all conditions.
- Straight frame concept: developed from the Yamaha M1 GP machine, the YZF-R6’s steering head, swingarm pivot and rear axle all lie in a straight line—for unsurpassed handling—with an all-new inline four-cylinder engine designed for optimal layout and mass centralization.
- Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.
- Formula 1-style air management presents very small frontal area and excellent aerodynamics; new ram-air induction ducts cool, high-pressure air through the steering head for optimal combustion, more horsepower and enhanced engine cooling.
- 50th Anniversary Special Edition model celebrates Yamaha racing heritage with classic black and yellow livery and special badging.
New for 2016
- The Ultimate 600cc Supersport Platform
Light, powerful, and equipped with the features and technology gained from winning multiple Supersport racing championships, the YZF-R6 is the most advanced production 600cc motorcycle Yamaha—or anybody else—has ever built.
- Advanced Ride-by-Wire Control
The YZF-R6 was the first production motorcycle with YCC-T®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle system, for flawless response under all conditions.
- Variable Length Intake System
YCC-I®, Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, is used on the R6 to vary intake tract length for excellent cylinder filling and a broader powerband.
- Racing-derived Slipper Clutch and Transmission
Back torque-limiting slipper-type clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed. Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Legendary Racetrack Success
The Yamaha YZF-R6 has won more AMA middleweight races and championships than any other 600cc sportbike.