Yamaha YZF-R6 Commercial 1998-2002
Model: Yamaha YZF-R6
Engine and Transmission
Displacement: 600.00cm (36.61 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line four, four-stroke
Power: 120.00 HP (87.6 kW)) @ 13000 RPM
Torque: 68.10 Nm (6.9 kgf-m or 50.2 ft.lbs) @ 11500 RPM
Bore x stroke: 65.5 x 44.5 mm (2.6 x 1.8 inches)
Valves per cylinder: 4
Cooling system: Liquid
Chassis, Suspension, Brakes and Wheels
1998 -2002 Yamaha R6
Front wheel travel: 130 mm (5.1 inches)
Rear wheel travel: 120 mm (4.7 inches)
Front tire: 120/60-ZR17 55W
Rear tire: 180/55-ZR17 73W
Front brakes: Dual disc
Front brakes diameter: 295 mm (11.6 inches)
Rear brakes: Single disc
Rear brakes diameter: 220 mm (8.7 inches)
Physical measures and capacities
Dry weight: 168.0 kg (370.4 pounds)
Power/weight ratio: 0.7143 HP/kg
Seat height: 820 mm (32.3 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,105 mm (43.5 inches)
Overall length: 2,025 mm (79.7 inches)
Overall width: 690 mm (27.2 inches)
Ground clearance: 135 mm (5.3 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,380 mm (54.3 inches)
0 to 60 mph: 3.0–3.35 sec.
0 to 1⁄4 mi: 10.97 @ 125.18 mph
Top speed: 157–160 mph
Fuel economy: 38.0–38.1 mpg
New for 2001:
- Ultra-sleek, R1-like tailsection reduces drag co-efficient for improved aerodynamics and greater top speed.
- Exclusive LED taillights are used improving overall appearance. Seldom need replacing.
- License plate and rear turn signal bracket provides easy removal (for competition use only).
- Lightweight forged pistons feature carburized connecting rods for superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass.
- Carburetor and engine settings deliver greater power output from idle all the way up to redline.
- Lightweight, aluminum clip-on bars provide improved comfort and superior handling.
Weight-reducing refinements have shed approximately 5 pounds off this already superlight package.
- Ultra-compact, lightweight, 599cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled in-line four-cylinder engine puts out 120 horsepower, which translates to an incredible 200 horsepower per liter!
- Specially designed, one-piece cylinder and crankcase assembly provides superior engine rigidity and light weight.
- Engine is a fully stressed chassis member to allow for a super-light frame design.
- Compact slant-block engine design uses stacked gearbox shafts to create a low center of gravity and balanced weight distribution.
- Four 37mm Keihin CV downdraft carburetors ensure instant throttle response all the way up to redline.
- TPS monitors throttle position and adjusts ignition timing to ensure maximum muscle across the entire powerband.
- Patented electroplated cylinder bores mean greater heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced frictional power loss.
- Close-ratio 6-speed transmission delivers seamless power and maximum acceleration.
- Special 3-axis gearbox design stacks input/output shafts to keep overall engine size to super-compact dimensions.
- Compact, large-capacity, 750cc-spec clutch ensures consistent, fade-free performance.
- Ram Air Induction System delivers cool, high-pressure air for optimal combustion and greater horsepower at high speed.
- Hollow side-driven camshafts with specially designed valve lifters and computer-perfected timing helps create narrow engine width.
- Large-capacity 750cc-spec internal water pump and separate liquid-cooled oil cooler ensures optimal engine cooling efficiency.
- 4-into-2-into-1 aluminum muffler optimizes engine performance, reduces overall weight and is tucked in high for maximum lean angle.
- CDI ignition system features an integrated “stick-type” coil and spark plug cap delivers hard-hitting punch across the entire rev range.
- Deltabox II aluminum chassis features a class-shortest 54.4″ wheelbase and 56° maximum lean angle for a super-low center of gravity and TZ250-like handling.
- Extra-long (574mm), truss-type swingarm features forward-mounted pivot point to provide superb handling.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) 43mm telescopic front fork with 5.2″ of travel offers race-bred suspension performance with ultra-precise rider feedback.
- Fully adjustable (preload, compression and rebound damping) 40mm piggyback rear shock with 5.1″ of travel delivers exceptional rear wheel tracking and stability.
- Removable rear subframe.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes with one-piece 4-piston calipers and 220mm rear disc brake with dual-piston caliper provide outstanding stopping power.
- 5-way adjustable front brake lever.
- Lightweight, cast alloy, 3-spoke 17″ wheels front and back reduce unsprung weight for superior suspension performance.
- 120/60-ZR17 front and 180/55-ZR17 rear Dunlop D207 radials deliver race-spec grip.
- Race-inspired fairing, streamlined mirrors and sleek body cowling with Ram Air duct between headlights creates optimal aerodynamics for greater top speed.
- Narrow 4.5-gallon fuel tank provides excellent rider ergonomics and aggressive seating position.
- Multi-function digital and analog instrumentation with LED illumination features: digital speedometer, analog tachometer, dual tripmeters with odometer, upward-counting fuel reserve meter, water temp gauge and lights for neutral, high beam, low fuel and turn signals.
- Dual 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight features a sleek, cat-eye profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
- Anti-theft wiring harness provides easy-access for hassle-free alarm installation.
Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.