When it comes to motorcycle jackets, you want something that balances the need to look like you own the road and enough protection to keep you from becoming part of the road. Viking Cycle, a brand based out of California, has been turning heads with their attention to detail and security in their full range of motorcycle clothing for men and women. The best part is the price tag.
Overview of the Bloodaxe Motorcycle Jacket
Out of the box, the Bloodaxe looks awesome and feels awesome. When the jacket first goes on, you’ll notice it’s a bit stiff—but it does loosen up with some wear, as good leather should. The zippers have solid construction, open and close smoothly, and lay well when you’re riding.
The biggest advantage of the Viking Cycle Bloodaxe isn’t the awesome name but the amount of storage. You won’t believe the amount of storage space you have with this jacket. There’s so much, it’s almost ridiculous.
There is a headphone wire system that you can feed into the collar of the jacket, earphone pockets, a media player pocket, cellphone pocket with 3 second access, 2 knife and pen pockets, an eyeglass pocket, a pocket designed to find a 10-inch tablet, extendable keyholder, and another pocket that can fit travel documents and your wallet. The pockets have a unique “no bulge” design, so even if you somehow managed to stuff every single compartment this jacket has, it will still look flat and sleek and not like a bubble jacket. Overall, it sits nice on the body and doesn’t feel stifling.
The sizing does run a little small. Someone around 5 foot, 10 inches, 180 pounds will fall into the M-L range, depending on how much you want to bundle up. If you take out the thermal lining or don’t want to wear a lot of clothing underneath, you might want to size down to prevent the jacket from floating on you.
(listed adapted from vikingcycle.com)
- Construction – Drum-dyed soft genuine cowhide leather (milled buffalo), padded shoulders, and Viking cycle level 1 removable “armor” on elbows and spine; two intake vents on the top of the shoulders and exhaust vents in the back
- External Storage – 2 zippered chest pockets, 2 zippered side pockets, and a single sleeve pocket
- Internal Storage – 2 secured zippered pockets and a secret compartment
- Adjustability – waist snaps and sleeve zippers
- Visibility – High viz stripes located on the back and shoulders
- Sag and wrinkle resistant
- Wind and water resistant
- Abrasion resistant
- A ton of hidden pockets on the internal side of the jacket
- CE marked armor in the back and shoulders – comfortable and stays in place while riding around
- Budget-friendly cost without a lack of quality and safety
- Stylish design
- Can be hot – the jacket has a thermal lining and is heavy, so it can be oppressive in the summertime even with the vents open. For that reason, it might not be ideal for moving in slower paced traffic;
- CE armor level could be higher.
Viking Cycle offers a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty on all of their products. This means that any defects or imperfections that you find are covered. The warranty does not cover wear and tear or damages caused from improper care.
This might raise some questions about durability, since some production errors or faults can take a few days or weeks to appear.
If you start to notice something odd going on with the jacket that you didn’t cause, you can contact Viking Cycle at firstname.lastname@example.org with the order number and a photo of the defect to get an exchange or refund.
Honestly, for the quality of the jacket, you would expect to pay more for it than you do. The name might be a bit for metal than what this motorcycle jacket offers, but the sleekness of the design, paired with the sound construction and unheard of amount of storage makes it a clear winner. If you’re looking for a balance of style and safety without breaking your bank, I recommend the Viking Bloodaxe motorcycle jacket for your wardrobe.
Looking for more details about choosing motorcycle jackets and other riding gear? Then check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel today!